Thursday, May 18, 2006

Robbie Basho - The Falconers Arm I & II

Takoma Records 1967

2 Vinyl Dubs by me of my favorite Robbie Basho's Lps. The Falconers Arm I & II Lps take you through the best (I think) era of Basho's guitar raga and some brief vocal moments. 'Lost Lagoon Suite' on the first volume is pretty much up there with 'Bare Bones in the Valley' by John Fahey as a very deep moment in late 60's american guitar work. It seems that Fahey will always over shadow Basho's work mainly because of the Takcoma label affiliation but Basho has always seemed to me to have much more spiritual depth and growth. Very Beautiful Music.
Speaking of which, stay tuned for a mindnumbing post by Deuter. My favorite German New Ager.

Download here,
Robbie Basho

11 comments:

spirito bono said...

Best blog around ?
As far as I know : yes!
Many thanks then...
If you could ever lay your hands on the Zweistein record,I'd really like to hear this one.

FM SHADES said...

oh, I have the Zweistein, I'll post soon.

Anonymous said...

I really loved this post, thanks!!!

zhao said...

huge. big-up.

Anonymous said...

There is some beautiful stuff here, thanks for sharing.

your efforts are appriciated!!

M

Anonymous said...

your blog is amazing..
it helped me to discovered some trully precious music.. like this Basho records.
thank you so much

Anonymous said...

Hey, thank you.
I-found-something-new-!

Lizza said...

Cool; but speaking of John Fahey, PLEASE RE-POST Requiem! It's unspeakably important to educate people with that album, and I can't find it anywhere else.

omnibolg said...

CONTINUED THANK

great works, great work!

Ego said...

Thank you! This looks like a great place.

Heavypsychmanblog said...

Thanx for this amazing stuff