Monday, May 08, 2006

U.S. Steel Cello Ensemble - "Bitter Suites"

Released by Rutman Records
USA 1979 private press

Very Far out drones from a ensemble started by Robert Ruttman who went on to release some CD's in the 1980's and 1990's. Not sure but I beleive this is his first release. All created with Steel Cello's made by Mr. Ruttman.




NOTES FROM LP,
The Bitter Suites are taken from recent performances by the US Steel Cello Ensemble. They are the result of an evolutionary refinement of instrument design and playing techniques which I have explored and developed over the past ten years.
- Robert Rutman 1979

Download here,
U.S. Steel Cello Ensemble

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really a remarkable album...amazing sounds...thanks for sharing it!

gus said...

This is so beautiful! I love minimal work done on stringed instruments. Tony conrad is one of my favorite musicians and this kind of reminds me of his work as well as a bunch of other experimental music I love listening to. Thank you for uploading this!