Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bugskull - Phantasies and Senseitions (LoFi Portland 1994)

Bugskull - Phantasies and Senseitions
Roadcone Records - 1994
Portland, Oregon

Classic early 90s underground from the fertile NW scene of the era. Bugskull released numerous cassettes and albums throughout the 90s.  "Phantasies and Senseitions" I think of as their high point, blending their indie pop sensibilities and experimental 4-track adventures. This is the west coast underground at its best circa '94. Think Good Horsey, early Grifters, and Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. 



Download here,
Bugskull - Phantasies and Senseitions


3 comments:

Benjamn said...

This is great stuff, a nice mix of Neu! style sound collages and laid-back GBV pop. Even better though is to have you posting again! Thanks for the good tunes.

corey said...

Welcome back! I've really been missing this blog.

Endtroduce said...

I often wonder who you are. What your life so far has consisted of. I don't know how to thank you for all that you've given me. I really don't know how to thank you! For all the music you've exposed me to, music of an aesthetic I've been unable to find ANYWHERE else. Your blog has changed me. I'm sorry if that sounds melodramatic; it's true! Sun City Girls, Deuter, Eroc . . . Jakob Olausson!!!! Meek, Fahey!! You were my first introduction to basically ALL krautrock! . . . DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!!! You've changed my ideas about music, and allowed me to find solace in music at a point in my life where I wasn't able to get that elsewhere. Thanks a billion!s